Eligibility & Selection Process
Cardinal Key Members are selected by their proficiency in the following areas:
- Leadership activities while at Iowa State University
- Service contributions to the community and to Iowa State University
- Scholarship achievements such as academic honor societies and academic scholarships
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be junior or senior undergraduate
Applicants will be evaluated based on academic and classification rank, application materials including documentation of proficiency in the 4 cardinal virtues and verbal interviews.
Faculty and Staff Eligibility
To be considered for selection into Cardinal Key, faculty and staff must be employed at Iowa State University and nominated by Cardinal Key members. Eligible faculty and staff are those who demonstrate outstanding leadership and service in university activities, whose scholarship is of high standing, and whose character is above reproach.
Faculty and staff nominations will be evaluated based on a written nomination by the Cardinal Key nominator supporting the proficiency in the 4 cardinal virtues listed above.