The ISU Global Business Club informs its members about studying and working abroad opportunities, international affairs/businesses, and promotes cross-cultural understanding. Moreover, the club educates its members on having a global mindset and global skills that will give them an edge in today's competitive workplace.
If you are interested, come prepared to engage in news discussions and share your background with us. All majors are welcome! We love diversity!
This organization has no affiliations.
Constitution / Tier
||Open to all majors
||Active members of the club, evaluated based on club attendance, is encouraged to run in April and November Elections
||Full-time students at ISU
||No restriction. All are welcome to join and members are encouraged to engage in the meetings and commit to the club.
||Every two semesters for President and every semester for other executive positions.
||For fall 2018, we will be in Gerdin 3164 every other Wednesday from 5-6.
Meeting Dates: 9/5, 9/19, 10/3, 10/17, 10/31, 11/14, 11/28.
Description of Regular Meetings/Activities
|Some presentation topics that we have had in the past:
1) Rockwell Collins on "Strategic Planning and Market/Environmental Assessment Processes."
2) Kingland Systems on "the Financial Software Industry and Advice on Competing Globally."
3) Kohler Co. on "Growth and Strategies" including M&A, joint ventures, global presence, and other growth strategies.
4) John Deere’s Panel Discussion of 4 Guest Speakers from the Finance/Accounting/Supply Chain Management Departments.
5) Union Pacific Railroad on “the Global Grain Market, International Logistics, and U.S. Export and Import.”
Other topics: Vermeer International Leadership Program, Toastmasters International presented on public speaking, and student & faculty speakers shared about their study/work abroad experience.
Description of Special Events
|For Spring 2019, meetings are held biweekly from 5:00 - 6:00 PM on Thursdays in Gerdin 2128. The first meeting is Thursday, January 24th! There will be FREE Chipotle so bring a friend with you!