The main goal of the IDSA student chapter is to give students access to the many advantages that IDSA has to offer.
IDSA offers you:
- The opportunity to connect and interact with members of the design industry and your peers. Access to the Member Directory
- Showcase your work through our new online portal
- Discounts on IDSA Conferences & Awards Programs
- Industry Discounts (software, etc.) IDSA Student Membership offers you the fundamental tools for professional and educational development, networking and research.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- INNOVATION Quarterly
- studentBytes (monthly newsletter)
- Educational Webinars
- Student-Mentor Directory Industrial Designers give shape to experiences; IDSA gives you the venue to shape your design experience. Every professional gets out of their career what they put into it. IDSA provides a platform and entry point for students to get connected to the professional world of design as well as be recognized for their talents and contributions.
- Student Merit Awards
- International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) competition
This organization has no affiliations.
Constitution / Tier
||Members of Industrial Design
||Must be a student Studying Industrial Design
||Elections are held annually early in the Fall Semester
||Bi-monthly depending on event type
Description of Regular Meetings/Activities
|Meetings are held with all officers once monthly for planning. Activities with the rest of IDSA are planned at those meetings and emailed out to the group.
Description of Special Events
|Special events include workshops, speakers, and social events held at the armory