April 10, 1856, Norwich, Vermont two young men attending Norwich University called to order the first meeting of Theta Chi Fraternity. 66 years later, on December 22, 1922 a group of men known as the Mohawk Club, took the oaths and the Alpha Mu Chapter was founded at Iowa State University. In 1996 the chapter house burnt down from a kitchen fire. With the support from alumni and other chapters, enough money was raised to rebuild the current facility that opened in 1999. The 150 year tradition of extending the helping hand continues to flourish on the Iowa State campus.