Our Service Day fundraisers are the AST Club's involvement in the Ames Community. We have had many repeated customers as these events are held every year. We always look forward to working with our community.
Snow Blower Service Days
Snow Blower Service Days take place in the fall semester. Club members use a work bay in Sukup on a Friday afternoon and Saturday to service snow blowers. Ames residents can either drop their snow blower off or the club will come pick it for an additional $15 charge.
- $25 for snow blower servicing
- Services include changing the oil, replacing spark plugs, and power washing snow blower
This year the club serviced 102 Snow Blowers raising almost $3,000 for the club.
Lawn Mower Service Day
Lawn Mower Service Days is an annual fundraiser held in Sukup Hall in the early months of spring. During this event around 30 club members obtain use of a work bay to service the community’s lawn mowers. This gives the community an opportunity get their mowers prepared for the upcoming months and also give to a good cause. Community members can either drop off their mowers or we also have a couple vehicles going around picking up and delivering mowers.
- Club charges $35 for push mowers and $50 for riding mower
- $15 charge to pick up a push mower and $20 for a riding mower
- Service included changing the oil, replacing the spark plugs, sharpening of the blades, washing and also fill the mower up with gas
- $10 charge for changing oil filters on riders
This year the club serviced 186 lawn mowers and brought in over $7,500 for the club
For more pictures, click here.