ESC is the governing body of the engineering student organizations at ISU. The purpose of ESC is sevenfold:
1) Represent students and student organizations of the College of Engineering to the administration, faculty, and the public.
2) Coordinate activities involving engineering students and engineering student organizations.
3) Establish and coordinate college-wide committees necessary to serve students.
4) Serve as the primary allocator of funds provided by the College of Engineering to engineering student organizations.
5) Encourage the continual improvement of engineering education and professionalism within the college and the university.
6) Encourage membership in the engineering honoraries, professional societies, and College of Engineering committees and participation in college-wide events.
7) Recognize outstanding students and faculty in the college.
Constitution / Tier
||Membership technically is only comprised of officers
||Membership is by election only, elections take place in the Spring. All engineering students get an invitation to run during these elections.
||Must be an engineering student in good academic standing
||Elections take place during the Spring Semester, and officers are elected by engineering student organization presidents
||We have monthly meetings which you can find out about our website https://www.engineering.iastate.edu/esc/
Description of Regular Meetings/Activities
|Monthly General Meetings
Weekly Office Hours Marston 1110 5-6 PM
Description of Special Events
|Engineering Welcome Fest
Engineering Middle School Day
Order of the Engineer ceremony for graduating seniors each semester
Engineering Leadership Banquet