Info / Beginners
The ISUMCC meets every Monday at 8:00 pm in Beyer 1308 (but watch the homepage and email list for updates each week). A club business meeting is usually followed by an educational presentation. Non-club members are welcome!
Fees are $25/semester (fall or spring+summer) or $45 for the year. Trip fees are collected for all trips to cover transportation and camping fees. Proceeds go toward equipment purchases and overhead.
With your paid membership you can
- Participate in club elections.
- Hold an elected office.
- Participate on club trips and other club outings.
- Check out club gear.
- Be a Trip Leader.
How do I join?
You don't need any climbing experience!
If you decide you want to join the club to take advantage of the benefits listed above, all you have to do is pay your dues to our treasurer. This can be done at any of our weekly meetings.
If you're not sure if you want to be a club member, there are several activities you can participate in — without paying dues — to meet the execs and other club members, see what we're like, and ask us any questions you have:
- Come to any regular club meetings.
- Join us for on campus and off campus social events.
- Subscribe to the club email list.
- Try climbing at the State Gym or Lied Rec Center climbing walls when we're there — or any time they're open.
- You can even go on one club trip before paying membership dues to see if it's something you'd like to pursue. (Trip fees still apply, but you don't have to pay membership dues the first time. This does not include our longer trips such as Thanksgiving break and spring break)