Be part of changing the world- one engineering project at a time!
Meetings, Wednesday, 7:30 pm, below for room location**
-Break out into groups to work on outreach, fundraising, and engineering projects
-Numerous ways to be involved and take leadership
-Be part of a fantastic community
-All majors welcome- Needs for students who love graphic and web design, social media, organizing information, planning social events, sustainability, engineering, problem-solving, hydrology and water resource management, soil, and agriculture (just to name a few!)
New members are encouraged to attend NEWB in Carver 0305 to learn more about the club and figure out which team they should join! NEWB is our program for new members to learn more about Engineers Without Borders and our projects.
- If you are a new member and you are not yet added to the NEWB Microsoft Teams page, please contact Liv Taylor (email@example.com) to get added!
- Due to room capacity limits, NEWB-attendees must sign up to attend in-person prior to each NEWB meeting (see Microsoft Teams Page for more info).... If you can't get an in-person spot, don't worry! All meetings are streamed live via. Microsoft Teams.
**Weekly Wednesday meetings for Fall 2020 are being spread across several locations in order to practice social distancing and comply with Iowa State's 50% capacity rule for rooms. Once a month we will gather as a whole club in Carver 001 for a General Meeting.
All other meetings will be Project Group Meetings, with room assignments being based on what group you belong to.
- All meetings will be streamed via Microsoft Teams for members who would feel more comfortable joining from home.
- Use join code: nw3oi3A
- General Meeting dates for the fall semester: August 26th, September 16th, October 14th, and November 18th
Project Group Meeting locations:
|Groups||Room Assignment||Group Lead||Contact Info|
|Water 2.0||Pearson 2157||Brad Normanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rainwater Catchment/Ag/Irrigation||Pearson 1115||Chris Rickenemail@example.com|
|Kitchen Stoves||Carver 0205||Quincy Altmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shea Nut||Carver 0205||Reed Duncanemail@example.com|
|Fundraising||Carver 0268||Kinsey Kumpfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Communication||Carver 0268||Elle Whitneyemail@example.com|
|Carver 0305||Liv Taylorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
"Behind the Scenes", Tuesdays at 6:00 pm, Pearson 2115 (and online via Microsoft Meetings)
-Prepare and plan next general meetings
-Brainstorm, plan, and evaluate activities and events
-Discuss new club opportunities
-Everyone is welcome! A great way take leadership and learn how to operate a student organization.
- Use join code: nw3oi3A to attend online
We have since updated our site!
If you would like to learn more about Engineers Without Borders at Iowa State, go to http://www.ewb.stuorg.iastate.edu .
If you are trying to donate to our organization, you can click the above link, or be directly routed to our donation page here: http://www.ewb.stuorg.iastate.edu/donate/ .