The purpose of the Web Development Club is as follows:
1) To promote learning and professional growth in the field of web development.
2) To establish a network of like-minded individuals who want to pursue web development.
3) To give back to the Iowa State University community and local community by offering web development services to students, faculty, and clubs and organizations.
4) To give back to the greater web development community by writing and posting public code libraries, extensions, plugins, etc.
This organization has no affiliations.
Constitution / Tier
||Registered ISU students
||Registered ISU students who meet the requirements
||The officers of this organization must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be in good standing with the university and enrolled: at least half time (six or more credit hours), if an undergraduate student (unless fewer credits are required to graduate in the spring and fall semesters) during the term of office, and at least half time (four or more credits), if a graduate level student (unless fewer credits are required in the final stages of their degree as defined by the Continuous Registration Requirement) during their term of office.
(2) Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) as stated below and meet that minimum GPA in the semester immediately prior to the election/appointment, the semester of election/appointment and semesters during the term of office. For undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, the minimum GPA is 2.00. In order for this provision to be met, at least six hours (half-time credits) must have been taken for the semester under consideration.
||Elections will be conducted through a majority vote at the end of the fall semester.
||Tuesday, 5:00 to 6:00 pm in Pearson 1106 (Fall 2019)
Description of Regular Meetings/Activities
|Weekly meetings will be at a time and place determined at the beginning of each semester. Meetings will consist of determining the direction of the club, developing the club's main website, and writing and discussing code for personal projects. Occasionally we will have someone speak at the meeting to fill our brains with web development insight.
Description of Special Events
|Though not a requirement, all club members are encouraged to attend ISU's annual hackathon. More information at www.hackisu.org.