"The mission of ISCFR shall be to empower families by educating and supporting family professionals and promoting connections among those involved in research, education, policy, and practice in the field of family relations." - ISCFR Constitution, 2023
We are an official student chapter affiliate of the National Council on Family Relations. We offer opportunities to hone your professional skills, attend workshops, network with professionals across the country, explore the interdisciplinary field of human development and family studies, as well as meet fellow students with similar interests. We also host multiple fun activities throughout the year.
The requirements for membership in ISCFR are:
- Members must be a currently enrolled student or employee at Iowa State University.
- Be a student member of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR).
- Pay an annual membership fee of $20.
- Participate in at least two meetings or other ISCFR activities per academic year.
Interested in joining? Email email@example.com for more information.
ISCFR is currently looking for an undergraduate representative officer. Their responsibilities include:
Maintaining and distributing an accurate list of ISCFR undergraduate members including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other relevant information.
Serve as a liaison for undergraduate members to the ISCFR officers.
Promoting NCFR membership among the ISU student population.
Representing the interests of undergraduate ISCFR members.
Regularly attends ISCFR officer meetings.
Requirements for ISCFR officers:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.2 on a 4.0 scale at the time of election and throughout their term
- Be a member of NCFR
- Attend ISCFR officer Meetings
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.