Our Service Day fundraisers are the AST Club's involvement in the Ames Community. We have many repeat customers as we offer a service at a discounted rate while benefiting our club both monetarily and with hands-on experiences. As our events are held twice annually, we always look forward to working with our community and building better members.
At this time the 2020 Lawn Mower Service Days has been postponed. As you may already be aware, Iowa State University has gone to online classes for the remainder of the spring semester due to COVID-19. Therefore, our club is unable to meet at this time. Please check back for any update we should receive. We look forward to working with you in the fall for Snow Blower Service Days and appreciate your flexibility.
Snow Blower Service Days
Snow Blower Service Days take place in the fall semester. Club members use a work bay in Sukup on a Friday afternoon and Saturday to service snow blowers. Ames residents can either drop their snow blower off or the club will come pick it for an additional $15 charge.
- $25 for snow blower servicing
- Services include changing the oil, replacing spark plugs, cleaning air filter, and power washing snow blower.
This most recent year the club serviced 102 Snow Blowers raising almost $3,000 for the club.
For the 2018 snow blower service days flyer click here;
Lawn Mower Service Day
Lawn Mower Service Days is an annual fundraiser held in Sukup Hall in the early months of spring. During this event around 30 club members obtain use of a work bay to service the community’s lawn mowers. This gives the community an opportunity get their mowers prepared for the upcoming months and also give to a good cause. Community members can either drop off their mowers or we also have a couple vehicles going around picking up and delivering mowers.
- Club charges $30 for push mowers and $50 for riding mower
- $15 charge to pick up a push mower and $20 for a riding mower
- Service included changing the oil, replacing the spark plugs, sharpening of the blades, washing and also putting enough gas into the lawn mower to run it before we return it to the customer
- $10 charge for changing oil filters on riders
This past year the club serviced 186 lawn mowers and brought in over $7,500 for the club